WELCOME TO THE WSPA

Roger D

mn90403

Roger was a founding member of WSPA.  That was long before I joined the club but I had a chance to spend many nights at Roger's camp site in Gold Basin.  He helped me find many meteorites and a bit of gold.  I was always glad when I saw Roger's trailer at the WSPA outings.  Over the last few years we didn't see much of Roger because of his health.  I called him on a few occasions and we would have a good chat.  I once stopped by his house and was privileged to see his favorite finds. 

I was just informed by Roger's wife that he passed away yesterday in Lake Havasu.  There will be a gathering on July 30 if you are interested.

I'll miss Roger but he is not suffering any more.

Mitchel

Roger was a great guy and one hell of a straight shooter. I know he suffered terribly during his last years. He was always a force to be reckoned with

and if he stated what he thought you knew you were hearing the unvarnished truth as he saw it. I respected him a lot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I only got to visit with him at a couple of outings, he had his big rig parked on John B's property.

My recollection is that he was very cordial and helpful and was a key player in WSPA.  

I have only ever heard very good comments about him, my best wishes for his family.

Jeff

• Like 1

Sad news  but he is in a better place   he was diminished for quite some time  It must have been hard for him not being able to be out in the field so to say  he was a man’s Man  he was a very special soul  and one of a very small group   he gave many years to the club and was helpful to anyone whom asked  must be hard for his dad  to see his son go  god speed my special friend  

• Thanks 1