WELCOME TO THE WSPA

Gold Basin space rock hunts

I have been pretty consistent finding a few meteorites hunting the gold basin placers lately, nice finding something in between finding a nugget. I’m averaging at least a tiny piece of gold maybe about 75% of the time most of these have been shallow 3” down or less and ring strong out on the 6000 like a large caliber bullet on the surface, they are a great motivator to dig all the trash sounding targets because they sound just the same.
A94B50A2-B185-47E0-AC84-F3903BE8B166.jpeg

• Like 3

Yep, you gotta work for em, but there out there still. I picked this one up on Friday after making a quick turn and burn looking at some land for sale, it has some of the nicest fusion crust I’ve found.|

34E481F3-5F21-40B6-85CA-162B84CC2177.jpeg

• Like 2

That is a  very nice specimen    Good job  I like the shattered   Clear break one  in first group   Who knows   May not be the same fall    It happens   In Franconia I got a nice palo verde   Those are worth quite a bit once confirmed  

• Like 1

Hi Clark and All

There are a number of different stones found in the gold basin and king tut areas. The gold basin L4 APX 15000 years surface age the White elephant is an L4 with a terrestrial age of +or- 200 years . The King tut is an oriented L5 with a very young terrestrial age . The Hualapai wash 24 is an H 5 small oriented puzzle stone of 4 pieces. There are a couple more found by Jim Kreigh and one by Twink. I Think ?? Happy Huntin John B. #2 I Think

• Thanks 1