WELCOME TO THE WSPA

Hello

Dick Ward

Hi there, 

Couldn’t  get out to detect today so I have just been sitting and thinking about the WSPA.  For fun I guess I’ll write down some random thoughts and post them. 

Thank you for posting the new membership list I appreciate the work it took to get that out.

I noticed that I am now listed as a newbie and that’s kind of funny.  I joined WSPA in August 2015 and never quit the club. 

My wife and I have met and enjoyed so many great people.  We still get see a few of our WSPA friends but we sure miss those we don’t get together with.

We miss the outings - lots of really nice people getting together.  Detecting, eating good food, having a few drinks, and bragging or complaining.  The auctions to raise money for veterans always made me feel good.

I really got a kick out of the “find of the month” contest. All of the finds were fun to see.  

I’m going to try and attach a short video to this post. If you can open the video tell me if you would have dug the target. Then ask me and I’ll post a picture of what the target was.

I guess that’s enough old guy BS for today.

THANKS

Dick Ward

You’re right Rich I too wonder. It’s for sure that all the easy nuggets have been found.  Living in Boulder City I detect in Gold Basin a lot.  Over the last 10 years I probably detected in the new WSPA property area a dozen times, usually I found a crumb or two. The largest I found there was .84 grams.  Several years ago (2016 I think) I did see a one ounce plus nugget fresh from the new property ground less than a 1000’ SW of the NW corner sign. 61A6EF83-6050-4873-A30C-1580CBC49715.jpeg.c49a36364dd5cd482853bd3041319246.jpegIt was found with a GPX using a 25” coil.  I have no idea what plans WSPA  club has (if any, outing or push) for the area.  Have you been out on the property recently?

Nice nugget Dick, it’s tough hunting the easy gold has been hit pretty hard but there is gold there for the one who works for it. 

Jeff and I were talking this morning about polling our members about setting up a date and working on the details to bring in Alan and his excavator  to the new 40 at gold Basin for our first outing after the restructure, we are thinking sometime this September or October. Dick your experience out there will be helpful deciding where we head first, perhaps in the area where that one ounce nugget was found?

Personally  i would dig that  16 inches deep a golden find for sure   Looking forward to our next outing  there    On the new property  Maybe ill do some witching and see if it still works with the old dousing rods    Looks like a lot of good fun will be had out there  Mr Ward   Thanks for the video   

Just a shout out to Dick Ward.... Thanks Dick for spending the morning 10/31/21 showing me around our Gold Basin Property, also enjoyed our conversations. Looking forward to detecting some with you and other club members..... Camped at the Meadview RV camp if anyone is planning a trip give me a shout Let's Detect !!!!!!! 

Ha, we’re all new now I guess... but none of us had anything to do with it the only changes I’ve made were to the permissions for data security concerns as requested, rightfully so.

I’m pretty sure this is because of an Invision software update a little while back. 

I have some member numbers just not enough of the numbers to easily figure out the blanks to any accuracy so I haven’t added them to the list yet.