WELCOME TO THE WSPA

How to encourage members to file claims ??????

John B.

Hi All

In the beginning of the club I was of the opinion the club should not compete with it's members for claims. Making it difficult to attract future members with claims thinking we as a club might weasel them out of their claims. It also allows members to file small miner exemptions and handle their own paperwork and the club will reimburse for that. Which if you look at the clubs current inventory of claims you will now know why. Since the club is an internet based club the local claim owners will know the count seats and procedures. SOOOOOO how can the club encourage it's members to file claims and be claim owners. ????? Lets hear it !!

Happy Huntin John B.

#2 I Think

mr B  that has been the question for some time you really need to find the right people  Its hard on the soul for most when they see gold coming off there claim and its not in there pocket   Also who wants experienced Detectorist cleaning up there gold    Good  ground is hard to find      finding the right person whom has a good claim  and can take it well there   As rare as gold   

• Like 1

I’m just guessing I’ve erased and rewritten this a dozen times so this is thinking out loud cause I’ve not done a lot of this claim finding stuff but after a few years some of this is starting to sink in, I think members need the tools and knowledge we are at varying skill levels more experienced members mentoring newer club prospectors passing on some skill will help we have energetic new prospectors that just dont know where to start looking and how. 

We are kind of spread out geographically, I think it takes local interest we seem to be more active at the moment in Arizona, is this due to more available area to hunt? More active member interest? But someone local with local knowledge and interest is going to need to stoke those fires. Did we start WSPA with everyone bringing in one claim? Is it possible for every member to be involved somehow in acquiring or re-acquiring a claim, in the past having done so, or been key in assisting another member in finding a club claim. I believe finding an inactive claim to explore is not to difficult, do we need to post a list of potential inactive claims to check, can a list like that be ordered for a fee?

not everyone can contribute the same but everyone can add value practicing teamwork and cooperation, lending a hand or just being a friend this is where staying small sharing activities helps us.

sorry for the random disorganized thoughts, just trying to spark a discussion.

Clark. Your thoughts prevail.  It seems that in the early daze. Lol  there was a lot of teaching going on , we would find the nice person who was having a hard time and go out and try to teach them how to find gold  I guess you get what you put into  we had Chris Ralph. Let us use his claims and it was even more exciting and everyone was pitching in.  But when big gold was found the hole thing went to crap. We need to be carful what we wish for and careful whom we work with I guess that’s the best we can do      we are very fortunate to have the claims we have.   I have been going over ground in Calaveras and Toulaleme sp ? This past week. So far.  My best places are claimed  we almost.  It is a hard game.  Hopefully the May.  Nevada trip will do us better.  D

Denny, so true...I hope as we rebuild we can reenergize the spirit that prevailed in the beginning it’s not gone just less celebrated sometimes, it’s easy to forget seems big gold probably makes it even easier to forget.

Could be all this stress the clubs going through restructuring is a blessing in disguise, the core group of members how ever many remaining will be diverse and committed to making this a success and this might provide an opportunity for all of us to talk about our vision of WSPA in the future, not suggesting there is anything particular in mind but it’s good to look out the window now and then.

Hi All

Bob our policy has always been claim owners or signors on claims get free membership. Now there are no more association claims unless they are preexisting to the current 20 acre rule change. It's never gone to well when the club has foot the bill on claims ? There seems to be a difficulty in getting someone to look over or handle paperwork or other problems that might arise if they have no skin in the game. But I think the club is open to all suggestions. 

Happy Huntin John B.

#2 I Think

• Like 1