WELCOME TO THE WSPA

40 acres in Gold Basin I just bought.

Hi All

This is the acreage that the club will hopefully be purchasing. Many years ago I called the owner of this property and asked permission to hunt for meteorites on this parcel in conjunction with a study with the U of A . I no longer can find those maps and records since a move 10 years ago. But as I remember we were granted permission. I found quite a few nuggets on and adjoing this property with my old goldmasters. My first weekend there I got 69 nuggets totaling around 2 ounces and a few space rocks. While calling around landowners for permission I ran across the 160 acres that the owner wanted to sell. I bought it and you members have access to use it. The 160 acres is the north east 1/4 of section 21 T29N R18W . The new property is 40 Acres and it's location is the NW 1/4 of the NE 1/4 Section 29 T29N R18W. I would like to put up some signs on these properties. Something like Trespassers will gut shot, women and children winged. Or  will you get the idea. If anyone is out there in Gold Basin and see's people on these parcels , Please advise them they are trespassers and if the owner catches them he is one mean SOB and if he don't shoot you he will have you arrested or confiscate your stuff. 

Happy Huntin John B

#2 I think

• Like 4

John,

Thank you for your continued generosity and sense of humor.......

I know you are a far piece away from GB and Clark frequents the area and will be on the lookout for hi graders! 

Cheers,

Jeff

John in my eyes you are #1  thanks for the great and generous purchase  We will be purchasing this from you    Keep posting what you see i always peruse and investigate your info Treasurer  Banker   Backer  You are getting  even more titles   Most generous and honest man I ever met .:wub:  We are fortunate to have you 

• Like 1

Year round we detect in the Gold Basin/White Hills area.  Thank you John B. we camp on your 160 acres.
In March 2016 I saw a 1.35 oz. nugget come off this 40 acre property.  I have found and seen several sub gram nuggets there in the last few years.  So I know there’s still some left.

Any one been out there recently would like to know  going to have to have a outing soon to post corners also it is time to pay john for the property and fees to the corp    Also any one whom sees any private property or pat land for sale let me know and i will follow up and see if its for use  having the new base camp so to say is a big plus for members 

On 4/2/2021 at 5:41 PM, Denny said:

Any one been out there recently would like to know  going to have to have a outing soon to post corners

I would do this sooner than later.  It will be getting hot soon.  it is already pushing mid 90's in southern AZ.

Agreed  I cant go out there      As life's roller coaster of death in family and all that  goes with it and a falling apart house  (plumbing) also my mom and doing the 2 weeks to follow up on new claim for the club    So it will be volunteers  any one have a weekend or a few days whom wants to or can  can chime in 4 big red posts 3 inch   No need to put in concrete   And posts or large metal pipes To keep it simple also we can give gps cords to help  for Those whom may go out         after June hope to have some more ground for the club   And we have a great place for a plan of op  at indy hill   May be a scrape to take it down a foot  that would give members a good few months of gold  and do it again   It is truly a good claim     Oh well lets see how it goes    

I just got an email asking about setting the corner markers.  I don't know how I got it.  Where is that thread?

When corner markers are set ... where will they be set.  Do we have a map and what are the corners so that I can put it on my GPS.

Mitchel

Mitchel    Yes yes and just above your post you will not be alone there will be guidance out there just seeing when the beat time is for a few to get together first

Denny,

My condolences for your loss, hang in there and thanks for putting this up.  It looks like there are going to be several members who will be available, so post more details as you can please.  I also received an email and think I should be available after the twelfth.

It will be good to see some members in the field!

Jeff

As Mr B is waiting for the title from the county we will do what we can working on gps cords  from the one north west  corner which is pegged and marked  should not be to difficult   Talked to john  and best to put in concrete   Once the deed is sent to John we will do a full payment and take it in to our possession  what a great deal we got and the best land in the basin to boot  info soon    

Should we get a professional surveyor and be positive? 

Was this the Zachariah Wilson property?  If so I’m guessing the following coordinates might be close.

NWC 35.87993 -114.23761

NEC 35.87993 -114.23315

SEC 35.87629 -114.23315

SWC 35.87629 -114.23761

• Like 1

Dick,

I think you are right if you want to be precise.  That is in section 29.  There should be a section marker to the east which would be a bit south of the GPAA Joshua Tree.

I'm looking at your corners on a pretty small screen but if I had a large screen we could be more precise but who would have a precise GPS out at the property?

I say if you are going to put the corners in concrete get a survey.  If you just want to let people 'know' to be legal then being within 10 feet or so in that area should be good enough.  If you want to enforce legal rights for any reason then a survey is the best way to go.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Hi All

• Yes Dick I bought the property from Jerimiah Wilson on Ebay. The only corner mark on the property will be the 1/4 corner mark on the N/W corner of the property . Or should I say the 1/2 mile marker on the northern section line. There is a USGS marker there just up out of the wash, there used to be some claim monuments there as well. I received the recorded deed back Friday. I will chat with my Insurance man Monday hopefully . I will post what I can find out about insurance and we will go from there. I think the monuments should read private property on painted cemented in 4x4. When setting the monuments recess them in a couple feet and I think we will be OK.  I think a survey is wise but not necessary, Unless we are doing digging and fencing or putting up gates. Because it won't stop the locals or the rest out there. What would the club charge me to put up monuments on my 160 acre property. I've put up no trespassing signs only to find them full of bullets holes and laying down in the gullies. I would be more than happy to pay a reasonable price. All of my corners have USGS monuments except one. I'm also interested in purchasing more properties up there. If anyone notices for sale signs let me know the phone numbers and I'll give them a call. Even if the club doesn't want them I'll buy them and you all can have access. 
  • Happy Huntin John B.
  • #2 I think
  • Like 2

• Denny featured this topic