WELCOME TO THE WSPA

WSPA 1 & 2 claims

normmcq

I t was suggested by Wes to refile on those claims. They were both very good claims and produced some very good gold including multi ounce nuggets. Having said that, Fred Mason and I camped right on the #1 claim and hunted both claims for several days and the adjacent areas. We were both skunked. I don't think there is much if any detectable gold left. Given the lay of the land on #1 there is a chance there is some nice gold left to be found if,  there was a plan of operation and a push done. Having been involved on more than one of those operations it is a crap shoot at best. Sometimes the gold is there and maybe not.

Norm

Thanks Norm the upper area of those would be were to dig down  I know the Oregon brothers did real well when they went up top and started digging down That said you are very correct just cause it was or did have gold  does not mean its for sure  Is it ever without testing and drilling  even then   its scattered   

Hi Norm

I located the WSPA claims by searching on the Diggings website. I might give them a try sometime. What detectors were you and Fred using?

Is there a list of WSPA claims somewhere, current or closed?

Thank you,
Chet

Hi Chet,

Currently there are 5 club claims.  All are in southern AZ.  One in Greaterville south of Tucson and the other group of 4 are on the AZ/Mexico border.

Chet

Fred and I were both using GPZs. I haven't been to those claims since 2017. We lost them in 2018, I think.

Norm

Hi Rich

The Alamo claims are pretty close the border. Many years ago my son and I were hiking a trail south of Ruby. We met a ranger that was carrying a lever action 30-30. I ask him why he was carrying the rifle. He said that the trail was used by dope runners. In the conversation he stated when he came across them they would see his riffle, drop their packs and run back to the border. He also stated that if he ever saw that they were armed he would be running away. He said they didn’t pay him enough to get into a shootout. We followed him back to our car. 

Have a good day,
Chet